Sodium Mod 1.16.5 for Minecraft. First of all, Right now, there is no other sandbox video game that is powerful as Minecraft. Thanks to its Java-based engine and community-driven enhancements, Minecraft remains on top thanks to the infinite number of customization options. With few mods (shaders, textures) , you can turn Minecraft from an 8-bit arcade ROM to a modern A-list game, without putting much effort.
But there is one downside, with great graphics comes great CPU, Memory, and GPU usage. As Minecraft uses Java Runtime Environment to provide you a fun experience it kinda cripples down the performance of your PC.
Generally, Default or you say Vanilla Minecraft is not that resource intensive but when you put a resource pack on it, it kinda becomes laggy. There are performance-boosting mods available such as OptiFine which make the game less laggy and beautiful at the same time with support for 3rd party shaderpacks.
Recently, there has been a new addition in the performance category, called Sodium Mod. It is basically a rendering engine replacement for Minecraft and claims to be better than the OptiFine which is currently developed by sp614x.
Many users have reported a 200% increase in their performance, which is way beyond the capabilities of OptiFine.
Sodium Mod is a Fabric modloader compatible, it does not compromise on the quality and other visuals of the game. However, the zoom function is not supported which is not a big deal.
With Sodium Mod you can even run Minecraft on Single Board Computers such as Raspberry Pi 4 or even your Linux running Android Tv box.
Sodium Mod Features:
These are the summed up features of this performance mod:
– Better utilization of OpenGL rendering, micro-sutter, lags are reduced significantly. No bottleneck with older CPUs.
– 40% Less Video Bandwidth usage, your Graphics card will last longer
Sodium and Optifine are incompatible with one another. You must pick one.
Sodium Mod Screenshots:
Sodium Mod Download
For Minecraft 1.16.5
|Release Date:||28th September 2020|
|File Size:||409.16 KB|
|Supported version:||Minecraft 1.16.5|
|Sodium Mod 1.16.5.jar|
How to Install Sodium Mod
- This mod requires Fabric API instead of Forge API installed beforehand. Forge creates a new profile in Minecraft launcher and enables 3rd party modification without breaking core files of the game. So, download Fabric API latest build for your game version. It comes with an installer, just run it and start the game to complete the installation.
- Now download the mod file using the link present on the page. It must be supporting your current game version.
- Start Minecraft, click Edit profile and then click Open Game Dir
- Open the mods folder (it gets automatically created when you run the game using Forge).
- Drag and Drop the mod file into the mods folder.
- Start Minecraft, select Forge profile from the Drop-down menu, and run the game.
- Forge will take time to configure and then start your game with the mods.
More information related to Sodium:
The mods are available right here are purely from the developers itself. We always take real good care of the source as well. It’s our humble request to please inform the MinecraftYard team if you find any broken or not working link.
We will make sure that it’s fixed within a few hours. Additionally, we don’t provide fake links or disguise the fans.