Rei’s Minimap for Minecraft is a custom tool which adds minimap on the right side of your screen. The mod has been updating since the very beginning ages of the minecraft and probably one of the most popular as well. Rei’s Minimap updates after the release of every single version but it takes some time to do so.
Features of Rei’s Minimap Mod:
- Relatively fast processing compared to previous versions.
- The all new beautiful map rendering
- You can experience expression of semitransparent blocks
- Can have Bump-map expression of height
- Expression of dynamically changing lighting
- In the newer version the user can automatically generate the block colors from your texturepack
- There is a new feature called biome color
- Can have the entities radar on the screen.
- Cave mapping is enabled but you have to follow the procedure.
- You can direct the waypoints (Can not teleport)
- Selecting the Ingame keyconfig
- The latest feature compared to ZanMinimap frame appearance
- Can have the Indication of slime spawning chunks (Does not work in multiplayer after minecraft 1.2)
How to Install Rei’s Minimap:
- Install Minecraft Forge API newest version.
- Go to Minecraft Launcher and then open forge.
- Click on desktop “Start Menu” icon and type %appdata%/minecraft.
- Select all the Minimap files and drop into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft along with the Forge profile.
Rei’s Minimap for Minecraft Download:
For 1.8.8 – Minimap v3.5_02.zip (After Release)
For 1.7.10 – Minimap 3.6_05.zip (After Release)
Last Update on May 24, 2015
Note: The mod will update as fast as the latest version is released. So be patient.
The mod hasn’t been updated since a while now are fans are diverting towards the other minimap mods. People are optimistic that it will be update in few weeks or so and we are hopeful for that also. Please keep your cool and wait for the official release.
Similar Mods to Rei’s Minimap: