Sponge API 1.10.2/1.9.4/1.8.9 is next generation modding platform for Minecraft. It is being developed in collaboration with the creators of Minecraft Forge. This is the biggest project after Bukkit and Minecraft Forge. Sponge API makes use of plugins to add additional content into the game.
Moreover it has comprehensive documentation that will help Developers as well as players. Interestingly Sponge API has 2 versions, SpongeVanilla that works right on top of Vanilla Minecraft. Then there’s SpongeForge that works together with Minecraft Forge allowing players to Forge mods and Sponge plugins simultaneously. Currently, the Sponge platform supports Minecraft 1.8.9 (LTS) and Minecraft 1.10.2 – Therefore, The v1.9.4 updates are discontinued because of community demands.
Sponge API 1.10.2/1.8.9 Download
For Minecraft 1.10.2
|Release Date:||17th July, 2016|
|File Size:||1.39 MB|
|Supported version:||Minecraft 1.10.2|
|Download (Sponge API):
Download (Sponge Vanilla):
Download (Sponge Forge):
Some popular Sponge API Plugins:
EssentialCmds – Alternative of Single Player Commands
Total Economy – Adds currency in Minecraft
CraftBook – New items, mechanics
SpongeForge installation guide:
- Download the Minecraft Forge installer from the Minecraft Forge website. Make sure to use exactly the same build number as the one listed in the filename of the Sponge download.
- Run the provided Forge installer. A new Forge profile will be created in the Minecraft launcher.
- Open the Minecraft launcher, and select the new Forge profile.
- Click “Options” and click “Open Game Dir”.
- Download SpongeForge from the Sponge website and put it into the mods folder. Create the folder if it does not yet exist.
- Sponge should work in both in single player and if you open your world to LAN.
Note: SpongeVanilla is a server while SpongeForge is a client, do not get confused.
There has been few key points on which we were working. One of them is ensuring that a player will get the most secure content with any irritating advertisements. Second of them is the legit mods which were released officially by the developers and we make sure that we mention their name and the source as well. Thirdly we always try to improve with the passage of time and thats why we need your precious suggestions in order to improve ourself. So please share you thoughts through comment box and don’t forget to comeback here to check the latest updates of Minecraft.