OptiFine For Minecraft in terms of official version has been the most awaited tool. Community created mods, maps and other elements of customization has kept Minecraft alive for many years and will continue to do so until Microsoft does something stupid. OptiFine mod gives new life to Minecraft in terms of performance, stability and visual effects.
OptiFine Table of Contents:
V. Installation Guide
I. Introduction of Optifine HD Mod:
OptiFine in simple words is a performance enhancement mod that increases Frames per second (FPS) rate of Minecraft on your Computer. Minecraft is based on an extremely popular programming language called Java. It is the reason we are able to enjoy building blocks on our beloved game. Java is indeed a powerful tool for creating applications and games but in Minecraft it is not so stable. That is where OptiFine comes in. Minecraft, by default, does not have proper support for utilizing the modern hardware such as Video Cards and 64-bit processors.
Many people start wondering why an 8-bit style game takes too much resources? The answer is simple, it is not properly optimized. OptiFine does wonders when it comes to revamping the visuals, overall stability and making use of OpenGL and modern 3D graphics. It can multiply the the FPS rate of Minecraft by 2x and makes your in-game world more visually appealing and easy to the eyes.
II. Optifine Features
- FPS Boost – Increases the frames-per-second rate in Minecraft by twice.
- HD Texutres – Supports high-definition textures. You can install x256 or x512 resource packs without crashing Minecraft.
- Variabel Render Distance – You can set your desired render distance based on your PC performance
- Variable Smooth Lighting – You can make lighting smooth according to your preference.
- V-Sync – Adds Vertical Sync support by utilizing GPU. Users with powerful video card can get more performance.
- Advanced OpenGL – Better and tweaked OpenGL without any visible artifacts
- Fog Control – Control the fog, mist and increase the visibility
- Mipmaps – Smoothes the textures from far distance so it doesn’t hurt your eyes during long sessions.
- Anisotropic Filtering – Increased texture rendering
- Antialiasing – Removes sharp lines present in textures.
- Better Grass – The grass looks even more real and transparent unlike vanilla
- Better Snow – Snow now fully surrounds the terrain and objects
- Clear Water – Water transparency is increased
- Connected Texutres – Textures look real and does not replicate.
- Natural Textures – Grass, dirt and other textures look more natural
- FPS Control – Stabilizes the fps rate
- Sound Fix – No more laggy sound
- Animations – You can customize animations for different blocks
- Fast Resource Pack Switching – You can change reource pack without leaving the world.
- Shaders – Brings High quality GLSL shaders in Minecraft using OpenGL
OptiFine by default comes in 3 different editions.
Ultra – For Computers with dedicated graphic cards for e.g. AMD R7 390, NVIDIA GTX 980
Standard – For Computers with built-in video cards for e.g. Intel HD Graphics
Light – For very old computers. For e.g. Pentium 4, Celeron.
Also Released: Forge API 1.12.2
Optifine HD 1.12.2 Released
|Release Date:||15th May, 2018|
|File Size:||2.27 MB|
|Supported version:||Minecraft 1.12.2|
|Download (Direct):||Opti-fine 1.12.2.jar|
|Opti-fine-HD-U-C3||2.00.MB||28th June, 17||1.11.2||Released|
|Opti-fine-HD-U-D2||1.99 MB||28th June, 17||1.10.2||Released|
|Opti-fine-HD-U-||1.64 MB||14th June, 16||1.9.4||Released|
|Opti-fine-HD-U-H4||1.31 MB||20th February, 16||1.8.9||Released|
|Opti-fine-HD-U-D0||900 KB||22nd January, 16||1.7.10||Released|
OptiFine Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2/1.11.2/1.10.2
This version is currently not supported as Minecraft Coder Pack (MCP) and Snapshots are still in development. Wait couple of weeks.
III. Optifine Screenshots
V. Optifine 1.12.2/1.11.2/1.10.2 Installation Guide
Optifine currently supports 2 methods for installation. With Minecraft Forge and without.
1. Direct Installation
- Download the desired OptiFine installer from the link above.
- Save the installer JAR file to an easily accessible location
- Open the folder where you saved it, double click it to begin installation.
- When the Setup starts, click “install”
- Launch Minecraft and from profiles drop-down menu, select “OptiFine” and Start game.
2. Minecraft Forge Installation
- Download and install the latest version of Minecraft Forge
- Run the game once for the installation to complete
- Open Minecraft installation directory, then go to “Mods” folder
- Download the OptiFine jar file and move the file to Mods folder.
- Launch Minecraft.